The roots of our Association began in 1901 when Charles Foster Campbell, who began the practice of law in Manitoba in 1898, moved to British Columbia and began the practice of law in Vancouver. He came to “Haney” in the late 1930’s and set up practice here.
Dick Lester, fresh out of law school, joined him in 1953. After the death of Charles Campbell, the firm became Lester & Leggatt when Dick Lester and Stuart Leggatt (who later became a member of the legislature of British Columbia and then a Supreme Court Justice) became partners.
In 1962 David Vernon (later the chairman of the Assessment Appeal Board and a Q.C.) joined the firm, then called Lester & Vernon. In 1969 the firm became Vernon & Thompson when Alan Thompson joined David Vernon (now retired) in practice at the offices at 22195 Dewdney Trunk Road, moving to our present location at 22311 – 119th Avenue, Maple Ridge, in 1975. Laurence Anderson joined the firm in 1970 and Brian Marshall in 1974.
In 2002 the lawyers became an Association of Law Corporations under the name of the “Vernon & Thompson Law Group”.
We now have a group of lawyers and dedicated staff, carrying out our proud tradition of providing quality legal services to our clients in Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows and other parts of British Columbia.